In order to run an efficient retail business, communication between management, vendors and employees has to be easy and available any time, anywhere. Web conferencing is now the norm for working together when participants aren't physically in the same place. Here are some tips to finding the right tools to make your meetings more productive, efficient and modern.
Ensure Devices are Ready & Reliable for Modern Meetings
Look for device features and accessories that make meetings engaging and productive:
- Dual array microphones help you hear everyone loud and clear as if they're right next to you.
- A noise cancellation feature included with many ThinkPad and ThinkCentre devices helps reduce background noise.
- For web conferencing requiring both camera and audio, look for devices with low-light-sensitive 720p or 1080p HD webcams (0.9MP or 2MP), to ensure visibility in a range of lighting environments.
- Some devices include a sliding webcam cover to address privacy concerns.
- When buying All-In-One devices, look for those that offer a range of tilt and pivot positions so the built-in camera can be suitably positioned for the user.
- Accessories like headphones with a built-in microphone can have a dramatic impact on meeting productivity by improving sound quality and limiting noise in open environments.
Make the Meeting Room Experience Smarter Too
End-user devices are optimized for better meetings and meeting room solutions are smarter too. Consider solutions like:
Skype for Business — Skype meetings provide audio, video and web conferencing online with the ability to schedule or start a meeting at any time. Up to 250 people can join a meeting from practically any device.
ThinkSmart Hub —All-in-one, purpose-built Skype Room System powered by Windows 10 IoT. With audio and video connected, it's a one-button start for every meeting. Rotatable 360-degree display makes it easy for anyone in room to take control.
Benefits of Web Conferencing in the Retail Industry
True Collaboration: Web conferencing provides a more efficient way to collaborate with drivers, suppliers, warehouse managers and stores. This supply chain management improvement can reduce product time to market, waste, and organizational bottlenecks.
Streamlined Communication: Management teams can meet and share information, plans, strategies and changes to each retail office and store location at the same time.
Efficient Employee Training: Providing training/re-training to new/current employees can be costly and time-consuming. We conferencing can provide online programs to train everyone, regardless of location. More informed employees results in better customer service too.