Your workplace today is where you are. Whether that’s inside or outside the office there are three essential elements needed to maximise workplace efficiency.
As the way we work evolves, the workplace must also change. To enable us to work more productively, we need to strengthen the three pillars of workplace efficiency.
1. Optimise every workspace you create
Work is what you do, not where you go. We’re all working differently now. Often work is out of office rather than in it. The result is that 50% of all offices, worldwide, are underutilised1. To combat this waste there’s a move to : people work where and how it suits them. That requires:
- The right devices – with flexible usage to match the activity-based working that people want to adopt. They should be compact to optimise limited usable space and be energy-efficient to reduce power costs
- Efficient collaboration – with the platform to deliver the right apps to the right users, anytime, anywhere and on any device
- Smart meeting management – with all-in-one, instant conferencing devices that reduce the 10 minutes wasted on tech issues in every meeting2
2. Say goodbye to downtime
The average cost of downtime is $70,000 an hour3, which is mainly caused by outdated tech and human error4 (22% of downtime). This is resolved by investing in right devices – secure, durable and with protection against malware attacks. Another significant cause of downtime is data corruption. Typically, this is gradually corrupted through an accumulation of small, non-critical faults in storage devices.
3. Let IT do the work, automatically
Automation gives you the edge over your competitors by allowing you to reduce the time spent on routine tasks and speeding deployment. In particular, it helps in three ways:
- Speed – development of new apps, data and such like to respond faster to changing business needs
- Performance – provide better IT service levels by automating manual work
- Cost – continually cut IT costs by simplifying business processes and increasing self-service options
The expansion of technology into every corner of the working life is enabling smarter and more efficient workplaces – with or without walls.
? Find out some of the key considerations needed when selecting the technology for a smart office.