Many employees are familiar with an older OS like Windows 7, and you may have concerns about migration issues, or still see utility in your existing devices. But as of January 2020, Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7. Which means no more security updates, hot-fixes, or any free or paid assisted support services—leaving your old devices vulnerable to data breaches and content piracy.
Migrating is easier than you may think. New devices with Windows 10 Pro unlock significant productivity benefits for media and entertainment organizations, the OS is intuitive for users familiar with Windows 7 or 8, and it is compatible with 99% of Windows 7 apps.
The Most Security Protection, Built-In
Windows 10 Pro protects your content, customer data, and your employee’s digital identities, as well as your brand reputation.
- Windows Hello: Users sign in with their face or fingerprint—replacing passwords with easy-to-use multi-factor authentication.
- BitLocker: Encrypt data on your devices, protecting against loss even when a device is lost or stolen.
- Windows Information Protection*: Control how employees use business data and media content - blocking them from copying content into unauthorized applications.
- Windows Defender Antivirus: This built-in solution protects devices from malicious software and hacking.
Integrates Easily with Existing Infrastructure and Apps
IT administrators estimate a 15% improvement in IT management time** with Windows 10 Pro, because of features like:
- Windows Update: Users choose when to apply OS updates, so their devices can be kept up-to-date without interrupting them—reducing IT support requests.
- Single sign on: Employees can use a single login across Windows 10 Pro, Office 365, and other Microsoft PCs, tablets, and phones, using Azure Active Directory.
Get More Done
Improve productivity by up to 20% for mobile workers** conducting business development, delivering creative presentations or meeting with clients.
- Compared with a 5-year-old PC, a modern Windows 10 Pro device is 65% faster at multitasking and laptop battery life is up to 3x longer***.
- Windows Ink lets employees capture and collaborate on ideas using a digital pen: Take notes, edit Office documents, or brainstorm on the Microsoft Whiteboard app.
* Requires either Mobile Device Management (MDM) or System Center Configuration Manager to manage settings. ** Forrester, Total Economic Impact of Microsoft Windows 10 *** Multitasking measured by SEG562, an office productivity and multitasking workload. Battery life compares modern Win 10 devices vs Win 8.1 using local HD video playback