Migrating to Windows 10 Pro holds more urgency in the financial industry compared to other sectors; its stronger security posture helps IT with data security, manageability and regulatory compliance. Nevertheless, you may have users who are familiar with an older OS like Windows 7, concerns about migration issues, or not be ready to sunset some existing devices. But as of January 2020, Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 in any way, leaving old devices vulnerable to data breaches.
Migrating is easier than you may think. New Windows 10 Pro devices unlock significant productivity benefits for financial organizations. The OS is intuitive for users familiar with Windows 7 or 8 and is compatible with 99% of Windows 7 apps.
The Most Security Protection, Built-In
Windows 10 Pro protects financial information, customer data, and your employees' digital identities, as well as your brand reputation with features such as:
- Windows Hello: Users sign in with their face or fingerprint—replacing passwords with easy-to-use multi-factor authentication.
- BitLocker: Encrypt data to protect it even when a device is lost or stolen.
- Windows Information Protection*: Block employees from intentionally or inadvertently copying sensitive data into unauthorized applications.
- Windows Defender Antivirus: Get built-in protection from malicious software and hacking.
Integrates Easily with Existing Infrastructure and Apps
IT administrators estimate a 15% improvement in IT management time** with Windows 10 Pro because of features like:
- Windows Update: Users choose when to apply OS update. Their devices can be kept up-to-date without interrupting them—reducing IT support requests.
- Single sign on: Employees can use a single login across Windows 10 Pro, Office 365 and other Microsoft PCs, tablets, and phones using Azure Active Directory.
Get More Done
- Compared with a 5-year-old PC, a modern Windows 10 Pro device is 65% faster at multitasking and laptop battery life is up to 3x longer***.
- Windows Ink lets employees capture and collaborate on ideas using a digital pen: take notes, edit Office documents, or brainstorm on the Microsoft Whiteboard app.
* Requires either Mobile Device Management (MDM) or System Center Configuration Manager to manage settings. ** Forrester, Total Economic Impact of Microsoft Windows 10 *** Multitasking measured by SEG562, an office productivity and multitasking workload. Battery life compares modern Win 10 devices vs Win 8.1 using local HD video playback