IT teams in architecture, engineering and construction industries strive to make it easier for dispersed employees, partners, and clients to meet anywhere, any time. Whether bidding for a project, virtually walking through building designs with customers, or coordinating project teams, it's not uncommon for designers, engineers, financiers, government officials and project teams to be in different physical locations. Lenovo suggests these tips for finding the right tools to modernize web conferencing and make it more productive and efficient.
Ensure Devices are Ready and Trustworthy for Modern Meetings
Look for device features and accessories that make meetings engaging and productive:
- Dual array microphones to capture the users voice clearly, not matter which conferencing app is being used
- Noise cancellation features to reduce ambient background noise, such as those included with many ThinkPad and ThinkCentre devices
- For web conferencing requiring both video and audio, look for devices with low-light-sensitive 720p or 1080p HD webcams (0.9MP or 2MP), to ensure visibility in a range of lighting conditions.
- Some devices include a physical sliding cover over the webcam to address privacy concerns.
- When buying All-In-One devices, look for those that offer cameras with automatic or manual tilt control so the field of view can be suitably positioned for the user.
- Accessories like headphones with a built-in microphone can have a dramatic impact on meeting productivity by improving sound quality and limiting noise in open environments.
Make the Meeting Room Experience Smarter Too
End-user devices are optimized for better conferencing, and meeting room solutions are smarter too. Consider solutions like:
Skype for Business—Skype meetings provide audio, video and web conferencing online with the ability to schedule or start a meeting at any time. Up to 250 people can join from practically any device.
ThinkSmart Hub 500—All-in-one, purpose-built Skype Room System powered by Windows 10 IoT. With audio and video connected, it's a one-button start for every time with . And the rotatable 360-degree display makes it easy for anyone in room to take control.
Intel®Unite™ —Any room becomes a modern manageable meeting space.