When it comes to outfitting teams with the right equipment to do their jobs, one-size does not fit all for public sector employees. It’s critical that devices are well-suited to the type of work an employee does; to empower productivity, streamline processes and improve the constituent experience.
Categorize End Users to Determine the Best Device
Considering the types of work end users perform, and where they do it from, will lead to the right device decision. Keep these user categories in mind when balancing needs and costs:
- Job role requirements: Access constituent information quickly to respond to or anticipate requests.
- Device requirements: Laptops with powerful WiFi, LTE connectivity and high-quality cameras and microphones for conferencing and presenting. Hardware-enhanced security features such Match on Chip Fingerprint Reader (MoC FPR) and Intel® Authenticate solution offer trustworthy user authentication capabilities. Set up non-mobile customer service workers with thin clients that can run from a server for secure access to customer data.
Big Data and Analytics Users
- Job role requirements: Analyze large amounts of data, identify trends and enable decision-making
- Device requirements: Plenty of memory, security and the ability to connect to multiple monitors help workers visualize data from real-time sources and quickly advise the decision makers. Consider Windows 10 Pro workstations powered by 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors that analyze data up to 40% faster than 4-year-old systems. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on devices with non-volatile memory helps workers speed through data-intensive workloads.
Planners & Strategists
- Job role requirements: Study constituent needs to develop or improve products and services
- Device requirements: Need fast processors, high-capacity internal storage and the ability to simulate how the product will run across multiple channels. There’s now a way to help end-users accelerate their everyday tasks for huge productivity gains. Lenovo systems with Intel® Optane™ memory offer a cost-effective way to achieve HDD capacity with SSD- like speeds. So PCs won’t delay work any longer.
As the balance between these user types are changing in your organization, you may find it helpful to develop a set of solution options for each user type based on their distinct needs. Arranging this as a 'good, better, best' list of potential solutions, you can then use it to drive internal discussions on investments and priorities, balancing desired capabilities with budgets accordingly.